Sunday, June 1, 2008

Grandview Dog Park


This past week, one of my co-workers mentioned a dog park that serves the Kent / Des Moines area. Since I was heading to Federal Way to pick up moving boxes, I thought we should go check it out. Turns out it's just up the road from my Aunt and Uncle's house. About 40 acres, Grandview Dog Park is managed by S.O.D.A. (as opposed to C.O.L.A.) - the same folks who manage the Marymoor dog park. It felt much smaller than Marymoor though - perhaps I missed a trail to another area.

Grete loved running through the sea of wet grass, and after she had her fill of sniffing and exploring, we played a little fetch on the flat gravel area.

I don't know if it is because it is the south side or because I just came on a rainy day, but there was quite a bit of abandoned poo, and I ended up stepping in a really nasty pile that was oddly orange inside.

That aside, we had a great time. Definitely worth the stop on the way to and from our Federal Way destination. :-)

Since our designated photographer is on vacation, I brought my camera and did my best to get some action shots. Check out flickr for more photos.

No comments: