Saturday, June 23, 2007

Names that I considered instead of Grete

Here are some of the names I considered - in no particular order.
  • Kaylee - Firefly reference
  • Zoe - Firefly reference
  • Jayne - Firefly reference
  • Laika - First dog in space
  • Belka - Another space dog
  • Strelka - Another space dog
  • Charlie - I apparently named all my fish Charlie growing up.
  • Mimosa - Gesso's Hobbit name - Fun, but silly
  • Hebe - Plant name - I just like saying it - but silly
  • Zelda - Duh
  • Arya - G. R. R. Martin character
  • Hela - Like in "Hello Goodbye" by the Beatles - I've had that in my head since I picked her up. However, I think this is too close to Haela, the name of a friend from college's dog.
  • Senka - Serbian for 'shadow' - makes me think of Sanka coffee though.
  • Greta - There used to be a Greta Gretel that worked at Amazon. She was super cool.
  • Beyla - Elf - Cute. Ends in A.
  • Rivka - Allegedly, this is the Hebrew form of Rebecca
  • Emrys - a Welsh form of Ambrose
  • Inta - After my college piano professor. She was a wonderful woman.
  • Tilda - Since people think I look like Tilda Swinton. Also, it has a geeky feel.
  • Fargo - Good name. Does not fit though
  • Onya / Anya / Anja - Perhaps too soft
  • Alma - Perhaps too soft
  • Katya - Fun to say
  • Nadia - Sorta fun to say

No comments: